Ace Hardware

Ace Hardware Employee Reviews in Redding, CA

Redding, CA9 reviews

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,261 reviews

Management made 1 doller morw than new hires

Over all a dead end job . Managers that been working there for 15 years have not received a pay increase more than a dollar and not without strife. Lol

A good fit for the right type of person.

It's retail, plain and simple. The work can get demanding at times. It's hard to please many people. There's a big difference between different stores as far as work culture, management, benefits, pay rate, etc. It would be a good part time job for a semi-retired person who used to work in the trades, construction, etc.

Pros

You have a job.

Cons

Low pay, No benefits, impossible to please customers.

Good for retirement

It was a good place to work, learned alot and was able to use some skills I already had. It's a great place if your retiring or younger first job thing.

I worked with ACE for over 7 years full time and enjoyed my customers greatly. It was an easy job with many duties and I learned alot while with this company.

A great learning experience

Working for Ace Hardware, I opened and closed the store, greeted and helped every customer, mixed paint, and made keys. I learned so much from my co-workers including where everything in the store went, how to put it away efficiently, and how to help customers with interesting projects and home improvement. I loved mixing and matching paint and helping people pick out new colors for their houses. The hardest part was learning how to have a thick skin and not take anything personal.

Pros

Discount

Benefits

Enjoyable

was a fun family atmosphere, got along with mostly everyone, was enjoyable going to work every morning. Friendly amazing bosses, that listened and cared about employees well being.

Strong Management

While working there, I learned so much, and even scored highest in sales. I also started a rewards program and a youth program that helped young kids learn something new once a week.

Pros

Great Training

Cons

Couldn't work for long due to giving birth

worked well with all age groups. peaceful workplace.

Good workplace, loved the public, but not a lot room for advancement.

Fun and Interesting place to work

I would usually go to the cashier's box to take care of my responsibilities which include vaccuming the front rugs, helping put out the equipment, clean windows and sweep around our area. Then I would work on my aisles and stock shelves. If it was my day to clean the bathrooms I would do that at the beginning of my shift. After a while of working there, I learned how to make paint and how to cut keys. I learned how to help customers find what they needed in the store by memorizing everything and where it all goes. I would help customers with small home improvement problems and if i didn't know I could always ask one of my very knowledgeable co-workers. My co-workers and I became a family. We had company parties that the owner of the store would have at his house during the summer. We also had great Christmas parties and the owner was very generous. The hardest part of working at ace would be learning how to please customers that were upset or rude. The best part was hearing customer's interesting ideas and creative ways to make it happen. I loved walking around the store with a customer and finding random things that they would have never thought to use.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

no healthcare or benefits

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ace Hardware?

Salary / Benefits
  • Ace Hardware
  • Redding, CA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?