Ace Hardware

Ace Hardware Employee Reviews in Jacksonville, FL

Jacksonville, FL27 reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,253 reviews

Can be tiring depending on who the owners are

Honestly speaking the store I work at treats the employees well however, the other employees tend to slack off or just are generally unknowledgeable in some of the departments of the store, and again its from owner to owner so it can be somewhat difficult to pin this all on ace hardware as a company in general

Pros

tends to have free lunches on the weekend

Cons

tends to underpay you for your time

Impulse hiring, 3 year employees given no incentives, and are kept at minimum wage. Work demands dont match financially responsible individual needs

Upon arrival no negotiable pay rate(minimum wage).for well put together potential employees, no pay increases after 3 years fellow employees dropped because they no longer were able to smile at hope of growth within company. Management turned employees against one another for management's personal enjoyment. Last minute scheduling regardless of heads up plans or personal matters occurring and management threw away employees with tenure and time due to personal preference or political stance. Hard working employees tossed off cliff of employment because they had to walk to work and couldn't afford cab or bus fare. High standards expected of management to employees constant ridicule and embarrassment in front of customers expected to know a lot but expect to receive little pay. Everyone will do as they do and make their own choices, this is only one man's experience at the normandy Ace hardware branch. Good luck and happy hunting

Pros

Management buys pizza on thursdays

Cons

Listed in my review. Crumbs for pay, no incentives, dog eat dog

Laid Back and Comfortable workplace - a perfect first job

I’ve been with this company for a year. It’s had it’s ups and downs but it’s held a comfortable atmosphere. If the pay and progression was better I’d stay.

Pros

Easygoing staff, kind management

Cons

Little to no benefits, no room for advancement, little to no raises

Horrible

Horrible benefits. Rude management. No training. Worst experience in a job that I have had and would never think of going back. You’re never appreciated and if you are, it’s for managements gain.

fun place to work

great place to work. one of my favorite jobs, bonding with coworkers, never ending changes. great staff and you can learn a good bit if you so choose.

was a good place to work

I liked ace hardware but the hours were scarse but the people were very nice and the discount was great would be a great first job or a second part time job

I loved my time working for this company and enjoyed my job as a cash counter. I also assisted the HR Manager with payroll and other HR tasks as needed. I would have continued working for this company, but I was pregnant at the time and chose to resign to stay at home with my children.

Great place, co-workers and management

I did data entry and received merchandise. Some merchandise brand new to the store had to have prices made based on cost of product, item numbers created, bar codes entered so items would scan, and descriptions. At the time I was hired I was proficient typing and was taught the rest. My supervisor was knowledgeable and a great trainer.

Pros

Management and Co-Workers

Cons

Really nice place to work. Laid back and demanding at the same time.

Ace is fun with the right manager. A constant flow of faithful repeat customers offers the opportunity to build relationships. There remains a daily challenge to address the needs of customers in a hardware setting. Having a construction background is almost imperative.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Health insurance is too high for the wage

na

This was a position that I took to carry me through my divorce. It was a good fill gap Position but not a career job. This position filled the gaps for me.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

No way to advance

great local neighborhood store

customer service is very important. getting to know shoppers and help with a project is rewarding..working at a local Ace is being a big part of your neighborhood..

Pros

good staff

Cons

no sick time..

franchised, all depends on owner

worked for two different owners, it was like night and day, good honest caring family man and the other, out to make a buck and step over anyone and cheat people

Pros

good knowledge gained

Cons

owner

Faced paced

The owners were friendly and management looked out for employees. Job was fun and educational, customers were fantastic and environment was very up beat.

Pros

Workday went by fast

Cons

None that i can think of

customer service

You handle returns and exchanges. You typically do not have a set schedule unless you're in school. You do all payments for transactions. You deal with irate customers daily

Pros

Employees are awesome

Cons

managers are horrid at the turner locations

consistant hard work

at ace hardwear i would heklp the customers load/unload there merchandise mulch, plants/concrete mix,etc,i liked re-stocking the store everyday.

Great company to work for with good benefits.

The most enjoyable part of being at Ace Hardware was working with the customers. I love interacting with people. I got along very well with my co-workers. We all worked as a team. Great company to work for.

Great people to work with

Proctor Ace Hardware has some of the most inviting people that I've met, the scheduling is decent and can be flexible. They do occasionally offer overtime in light of a situation. The job may not be for everyone, but they do offer advancement to those who are dedicated.

Pros

Environment, Co-Workers, Scheduling, Advancement

Cons

Incremental pay raise

I learned everything what i know now due to the management

I learned how to work hard and be a team leader my manager treated me like i was his child and took very good care of me. My co workers were great to work with and i am still very good friends with a couple of my old co workers the hardest part of this job was keeping up with several areas of the store 7 days a week the most enjoyable was being able to be taught several things that i had never known before.

Pros

Being well taken care of and learning new things everyday

Cons

no raises due to the family that owned the store rarely had given raises to any of the employees

enjoyed learning ablout plants

helped customers learn which plants would work best in their yards and where the plants would look the best in their yards.

Pros

working outside with plants

Cons

low pay

Family atmosphere and fun place to work

Typical day is straighten area, be available for customers at all times, and build any orders or floor models needed. I learned to use product knowledge and customer understanding to close sales. Management was helpful and informative. The co-workers were great and it was a family atmosphere. I did not find any part of the jobs at ace particularly challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job was person to person interaction with customers.

Pros

Free food and samples from grill demonstrations

Cons

Having to work every weekend

warehouse enviroment

outside ware house working with forklift use fast paced work enviroment

2.2K