Ace Hardware

Ace Hardware Employee Reviews in Denver, CO

Denver, CO30 reviews

Found 30 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,255 reviews

Love ace hardware friendly and helpful employees are there for u if u dont know how to do something they do and will help u through

I loved working there I was a expert in all areas the employees are amazing and will help u understand what you need and how to do the job the right way the first time

High turn over

Management changed for the worse. In 24 months, 46 employees came and went. No positive feedback only negative. Having a good work ethic goes completely unnoticed. Bonuses awarded for beating sales goals went umpaid multiple times! Hours worked "mysteriously" didn t show up on your paycheck. When minimum wage went up in 1/2020 no adjustments were made for supervisors. I would not recommend employment here!!

Pros

Buying product at cost plus %20

Cons

Ownership, Management, Lack of Training, Benefits

Management needs work

I loved the job. But if you are sick, or appointment it's frowned on. I learned everything that was asked, yet to do propane they knew the danger and still had you do it without being certified. Not all Ace hardware's are like that.

Collaborative work environment

I enjoyed working there, the people were welcoming and it felt like a community. The managers were looking out for their employees and always making sure they were happy.

Pros

Free stuff if things were about to expire - the treatment from everyone was loving

Cons

nothing

Franchises don’t offer much opportunities

Good for part time employment or retired individual. No room for advancement and if there is an opportunity the compensation isn’t much. Customers can be very demanding and at times entitled and inconsiderate. They expect you to know everything and even want you to work on their projects for them in the store. You try to explain to them you are not a professional or a contractor and if you were you wouldn’t be at a retail store making minimum wage.

Loved my job

Loved working here, just lost passion for the business. Great store and team. Learned a lot. Expanded numerous skill sets. Great job for anyone with hand on and retail interest

Nice place to work.

Owners were nice caring people. Managed well. Appreciated and acknowledged hard work. The owners valued taking the time to get to know the customer and make sure they have everything to complete their project.

Enjoyable place to work.

Ace was a fun place to work with mostly enjoyable co-workers. Customers came to Ace because they wanted to and were a pleasure to wait on for the most part.

Great culture and always busy

Ace Alameda Station is located right by the Alameda Station light rail which makes it easy to get to work. The hours are flexible and the team is creative, cohesive and so much fun! Definitely opportunity for growth and advancement.

Pros

Convenient to light rail, great employee discount, fun environment

Great place

Great place!!! Good people with good help I’d recommend working at ace hardware, I enjoyed working there and would work there again...................

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ace Hardware?

relaxed job but low pay and no benefits

Ace Hardware was a temporary job while looking for better pay with benefits. Standing on concrete floors for long periods of time was problematic. Good job for someone content with perhaps part time and low pay not an issue.

Pros

friendly work culture

Cons

low pay, no benefits

I was blessed to have worked for such a great company. There's nothing that I couldn't say about just how wonderful this place was to work at. The management was always helpful they go out of their way to make you feel like family. This is a great place to get all your hardware at a real reasonable price. The store is very clean organized as well as the employees very knowledgeable of their products. If you need a entry level position start to becoming a customer service rep this place is where you would want to start.

Pros

Everything good here

Cons

they always open except two holidays.

Relaxed and Fun But exremley disorganized

Ace is a fun company to work for, but every store is individually owned, and after working for 4 different owners I can tell you that your experience is completely dependent on the owner's role and participation in the store.

Excellent

Love dealing with customers, Made some goodfriends there and enjoyed my job as Assistant Manager. Employess were very easy to work with and made the job even better. Enjoyed going to qoek everyday!

Pros

Excellent Insurance

A great place to work if you enjoy learning new things

The opportunity to learn new things from co workers and customers alike abound. Must be willing to listen to customers needs and respond appropriately.

My Nine Years at Tamarac Square Ace Hardware

I learned a lot about work ethics. From working at Tamarac Ace, and I learned a lot about. The different merchandise that I we carried. Like Ballists (a electricity component). And PVC Pipe, Copper Pipe, and other plumbing related parts. That would be compatible with it. And I learned some mechanic skills. Like how to assemble a utility / grocery hauling cart! And I sure learned a whole LOT!!

good job

I love working here. the people and staff there are the best i have ever had just need to leave to find a new job that will pay me more money. over all great job and they have benefits.

Great place to learn a grow

Was a nice place to work. Did a lot of learning and personal growth. Great company to work for. There was always training opportunities. And room for advancements.

Fun, Family oriented atmosphere

I began working at Ace Hardware immediately, upon moving to Denver Colorado. However, although the work atmosphere (most of the time) was family, friendly oriented. The location where I worked was not run very much professionally. Most of us found ourselves not trained properly and therefore unable to assist customers to the best of our ability. Although it was like a 9-5 type job, it paid low, and employees weren't given enough hours to qualify for benefits. The opportunity to move up in the job was null. On the positive end, employees were given lunch breaks, and had the experience with one on one time with customers.

Pros

Lunch Breaks, Face to Face experiences with customers

Cons

No Benefits, Low Pay

Assisting customers as needed

I daily assisted the public, stocked the shelves and whatever else was needed to attempt to keep the store operating efficiently. Occasionally I would assemble an item that was being purchased.

Pros

Working some very enjoyable customers

Cons

Learning about the retail business

Productive and fun work environment

I enjoy working in a busy environment. The company pushes employees to further they're knowledge and skills. They show interest in helping they're employees further their work and customer service skills.

2.2K