Ace Hardware

Ace Hardware Employee Reviews

Showing all 6,249 reviews

Happy and stressful at times. Lots of work and task to be given by the manager. 6 working days, 1 rd, shifting schedule. Always balanced your fund and cash given by the cashiers.

Pros

13th month, bonus

Cons

Long hours, 1 Rd

Mismanaged company from top to bottom

Mismanaged company from top to bottom. Very hard work in a warehouse for mediocre pay, constant mandatory overtime, and a constant emphasis on having a good rate. I personally watched them fire multiple employees for barely not making rate but then complain about being short staffed.

Overall relaxed, nice coworkers, simple kind of work

Working at (this) Ace is pretty nice. Easily one of the most reasonable jobs I've had. Your goals are simple and very straight forward. Management are nice and very approachable, definitely people that you can talk to. I can't recall a time I've ever stressed or dreaded coming into work.

Pros

Easy job, nice coworkers, good management

Cons

Customers are low tier, starting pay is sorta low

Expected to do the management while the manager doesn’t never help

You are expected to be completely on your own with many things to do and not given the proper process to get it done.you are asked to fix things that you are not qualified for just to save them money from hiring a professional.Management does things against policy but as an associate you better not

Productive and good workplace. Management favors men more than women.

While working at Ace hardware I experienced a good job. Yet, there are some offs about working there. They seem to favor the men more rather than equally with the women. Management have higher expectations for women and are harder on them.

Pros

Discount, breakroom with free coffee, hot chocolate, and tea, 30 minute unpaid breaks as well as unpaid 10 minute breaks.

Cons

Higher expectations for women, few bad managers.

Busy busy busy. Multi tasking.

There are times it is slow but more often than not you are busy doing something and multi tasking in the process. It's hectic at times customers, phones, in ear radio, stocking and general operational duties.

Pros

Good crew.

Cons

Hectic, lack of or interrupted training sessions, sense of disorganization (hectic).

Good

Okay. Thery are okay. Good management good workmates but very very low salart, don't ask for too much requirmeents when the salary is not high but thank you

Family atmosphere, great customers that appreciate the store and it’s staff.

The shopping experience at Ace is old school… the team is given the time to assist customers and truly look for solutions to their needs. Customers come back time and again to thank us for solving their issues. Fun place to work.

Pros

Family atmosphere.

Cons

Nothing to complain about here.

family business that treats you like family if you are a good worker

i enjoyed coming in and helping customers, you can learn something new just by helping someone else figure out what they need. owners treat the workers well and environment is respectful.

Terrible work environment with very little pay

Strenuous work that requires a lot of effort for very little reward, along with people always on your back. You are never trusted and I feel like I’m not apart of the Ace team when I worked there

Pros

Employees discount

Cons

Short to no breaks when working long shifts

nice

it’s very good and nice place to work i love my coworkers they are all really nice. management and very nice and easily work things out if there is something wrong.

Great co-workers but management could be better.. No help from management when needed

Great co-workers but management could be better Get better management and offer better with some kind of benefits. Pay better wages because fast food workers are making 15.00 an hour to start

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

No benefits

Extreme amount of favoritism from management. Pay is nice and incentive is nice if your friends with supervisor or are related to them

If arent you friends with the forklift drivers or supervisors you probably won’t get as much work as others therefore the chances for incentive drop a lot. They let who ever they want get away with things that work if they dislike you they won’t score you well. Everyone seems great in the beginning but after a while it all changes

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Super unprofessional

People friendly, family like atmosphere. Most employees are part time (under 30 hours) so no benefits.

This is a great place to work for younger people starting out, or persons wanting a part time job. The pay is on the lower end however but is compensatory to the job.

Pros

The staff, flexible schedule, management

Cons

Pay scale, no benefits

Management has no compassion. Treats workers as if they are not people.

Typically at work I did my job and went home. The office is so cold just because some management wants it that way. It's so cold we wear winter coats to work all day. Constantly questioned about everything. Questioned when I took a 3 minute break to use the bathroom.

Pros

customer service week, anniversary gifts

Cons

management, environment, pay

Alright.

Job was okay at first, but once you prove yourself responsible at all their expectations for you are way higher. Can never call in because other people constantly call in. Management was unprofessional, played favorites, and constantly had inappropriate conversations. Work place was toxic with grown people having high school type drama and acting like bullies.

Good company somewhat lacking in quality supervisors

Ace is a great company owned by a cooperative of store owners. This makes them stand apart from many.While this type of hands on business model is refreshing, hiring supervisors from mass call centers turns the environment into a reflection of those past companies. They begin to accept a revolving door approach instead of working at retention.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Work can be stressful and raises are nominal

friendly environment, good learning skills, very corporate rules

I enjoyed my work at ace learned many procedures of retail over the years i worked there 32 yrs.The employees are friendly and also our customers.Teaching new help was always fun watching them learn about productsresetting displays was my favorite job

Pros

great environment and friendly customers

Cons

lousy owner, to young and unexperienced with personnel

Open to new ideas about merchandising and retail customer relationship management.

If you show up here and do your job right you’ll be just fine. Remember Ace is all about customer service meaning when you’re not getting your department squared away you are ultra helpful and attentive to every single customer that comes in. The customer comes first at Ace. It’s the anti-Home Depot! Developing an expertise in an area of hardware (for example *really* understanding plumbing parts, yard landscaping, or lightbulbs) will take you a long way at Ace. It’s a great franchise and Miner’s is a great company. Good luck!

Fun place to work

I learned a lot working here. Everyday there’s different tasks which I really enjoy. You learn a lot in regards to building things (windows, grills, lawn equipment, etc) and it’s a very fun place to work.

Ace hardware is a great company. They are individually owned and that's their downfall.

I loved the Ace Hardware motto but unfortunately the managers at the store I worked at were unprofessional. Instead of teamwork the managers undermined their employees and it was a constant battle. I quite my job at a grocery store because of my interview and believing their lies.

Pros

Customers were great

Cons

Only half hour lunches and no medical or dental benefits were offered.

2.2K