Acadsoc

Acadsoc Salary & Benefits reviews: Tutor

Salary / Benefits
Nice and they are good to us. You need to work hard to get incentives and they need to appreciate more to the teachers. My job was not easy but it is nice to see those students learning from us.
Salary / Benefits
They are only accommodating at the beginning; Then it is difficult to reach your TM (Tutor Manager). Deductions are automatic even if you have a valid reason. But when it comes to concerns or technical issues that could lead to deductions, responses/help always delayed. Not good in terms of earning. New package minimizes what tutors could earn. The longer you are with them, the less students will be given to you, TMs can block your schedules, they will prioritize new hires (lower salary).
Pros
Good for fresh grads, Work at home, No taxes
Cons
Technical issues every 2-3 weeks (might be due to system updates), Potential Virus from their required apps, Delayed responses from Tutor Manager, Automatic deductions, The longer you are with them, the less students will be given to you, they will prioritize new hires (lower salary)
Salary / Benefits
Unresponsive TM and CS. You wont get any support from them at all. At the very start of your work, you will be asked to finish answering 500+ item exam in a rush and you will not be paid to think that you are already consuming electricity. If you dont finish it, you cant plot your schedule. They deduct so much on your LITTLE SALARY!!
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
They deduct so much that easily on your salary
Salary / Benefits
Working in Acadsoc is extremely stressful. Not because of students but because of the management. Some students are not focused, wasting time, you are a baby-sitter and so on, but majority of them are great. Management, on the other hand is terrible! Teacher Managers or TMs can barely speak any English. When you have a problem, they will ignore you for days! And even if they answer, they will tell you something like "dear, give me your next week schedule, please" completely ignoring your problem. All your schedule depends how much your TM likes you. They are in control of it, how many students will you have for a day and so on. They are also hiding your class slots so that students can't see them at all, they are "reserved for trial classes", which you won't have and your regular students can't book you. For every class you finish you will get teaching points. When you get enough you might get a salary raise. Might, because if TM doesn't like you, you won't get it. And IF you get it you will get raise in cents (for example, 0.10, 0.20, 0.30$). Almost every week you will be bombarded with some new test you must take, and usually deadline is in a day or two. You get material, which has NOTHING to do with a test, and you need to pass it because it affects your booking, allegedly (it has no effect). They want you to put your personal pictures with your family and friends, they want a LOT of your personal information with explanation that it makes you more likable to the students. Also, recently they started threatening tutors that they will lose their job if they don't accept - more...
Pros
Cons
All of the above!
Salary / Benefits
I've been working there for quite a long. They always come up with some new stupid policies and rules. E.g. you've earned and deserved a bonus. The day before cut-off you receive some idiot complain and you can say good bye to the bonus. They change rules W/O EVEN INFORMING YOU. This includes salary cut. I felt really bad when this happened. I felt like an inorganic non-living thing and someone somewhere simply decided that would reduce spending on you. Just like that. Their main goals are: #1 - to rip off teachers. It seems like that's their main source of profit #2 - students' good opinion. You can get a complain if you told a student that it's not good and to work harder. Really?! I'm a teacher, it's against all work ethics to smile and nod the head while your student has not followed your instructions, has not learned what he was supposed to etc. They usually give some stupid explanation for their actions. I wouldn't have been surprised at all, if I had received message like "Money is the root of all evil. We love our tutors and we do not want money to cause any problems in their lives. We care about them, therefore WE CUT THEIR SALARIES" I didn't answer questions on the first page for one reason - everything depends. If you're poor and have nothing else to do with your life, this company is perfect for you. If you respect yourself, do not work here.
Salary / Benefits
The company offered a good glimpsed of my future career as a future educator. The salary is right for me since I am just working part-time, but if you will work for a full-time then expect a very good salary and perks. My TM was also very accommodating and encouraging.
Salary / Benefits
Acadsoc ltd. offers bigger salary compared to other ESL companies. I was enticed by the offer they provided which was way higher than my friends salary from 51talk.
Salary / Benefits
Acadsoc ltd. accepts tutors even if it has no experience as home based tutor. The salary it provides is more than enough compared to other ESL companies.
Salary / Benefits
I was grateful that ACADSOC LTD. gave me the opportunity to work homebased despite having no experience. For 2 yrs working as a homebased tutor, it was a challenging one but worth it. Acadsoc ltd especially my TM guided me all the way as a tutor and in handling students. The pay here in Acadsoc was way bigger than my friends salary working in 51talk. Cheers to more years in Acadsoc!
Salary / Benefits
Best ESL Company good for beginners or fresh graduates acadsoc provides good salary rate,bonuses and flexible time and it has good reputation in the Philippines and China.
Salary / Benefits
Acadsocs reputation of treating their tutors as family is a known statement to all. As we can see Acadsoc salary offer is way beyond other ESLs such as 51talk. Also the incentives or bonuses are easy to achieve and that as pay day comes, Acadsoc tutors are the happiest and contented with what they receive.
Salary / Benefits
I'm so glad that i was hired in Acadsoc they given me what i need good pay, great co-workers/TMs and also time with my family. i work as an Home Base Tutor thats why can watch my kids while working. Acadsoc is the best good reputation better than 51talk =)
Salary / Benefits
They offer low salary but give many incentives. Also, schedule is quite flexible but you don’t get to plot your own schedule, the team managers does that.
Pros
Many incentives, trainings for the teachers and friendly team managers.
Cons
Extremely high penalties for absences, even though it is something out of the teacher’s control.
Salary / Benefits
Working at home with this company is great you got to work at the comfort of your home, have more time to spend with your family and most important is the company offer great salary and great incentives to all their teachers.
Salary / Benefits
Acadsoc is really a good company to start with because salary is good and the rate of reviews on this company on every websites are 5 star so it has a good reputation and it is better than other ESL company like 51 talk and rarejob
Salary / Benefits
I can earn and I can enjoy quality time with my son because I dont need to leave him and we have a lot of time to be with him , now I can take care of him and give his needs at the same time
Pros
bonuses, quality time with my family
Cons
sometimes I need to have over time but its ok because its paid
Salary / Benefits
I'm so glad that i was hired in Acadsoc they given me what i need good pay, great co-workers and also time with my family. i work as an Home Base Tutor thats why can watch my kids while working
Salary / Benefits
I have been working with Acadsoc for almost a year now and I have nothing bad to say. The pay is good, the students are nice and the management are all supportive. The system is easy to use and so far been enjoying my teaching here.
Salary / Benefits
Salary and schedule are really good. You can choose your own time and they have a lot of bonuses for the tutors. But recently, i think they are cutting cost and the QA gives invalid complaints. some of the Tutor Managers are also a bit biased.
Salary / Benefits
fast application and hiring. but salary is not as high as competitors and requires a ton of training even for part-time. it may be good but i can't really keep up with a ton of training plus schedule of work.
Salary / Benefits
Grateful with Acadsoc to offering a flexible schedule. For full-time teacher and single Mom like me, it is important that I can choose my own phase and time. Thankful too that I was hired even though I don't have any teaching experience yet.
Pros
Flexible Schedule and Bonus