Acadsoc

Acadsoc Employee Reviews for Tutor

Salary / Benefits
Nice and they are good to us. You need to work hard to get incentives and they need to appreciate more to the teachers. My job was not easy but it is nice to see those students learning from us.
Salary / Benefits
They are only accommodating at the beginning; Then it is difficult to reach your TM (Tutor Manager). Deductions are automatic even if you have a valid reason. But when it comes to concerns or technical issues that could lead to deductions, responses/help always delayed. Not good in terms of earning. New package minimizes what tutors could earn. The longer you are with them, the less students will be given to you, TMs can block your schedules, they will prioritize new hires (lower salary).
Pros
Good for fresh grads, Work at home, No taxes
Cons
Technical issues every 2-3 weeks (might be due to system updates), Potential Virus from their required apps, Delayed responses from Tutor Manager, Automatic deductions, The longer you are with them, the less students will be given to you, they will prioritize new hires (lower salary)
Salary / Benefits
After finishing the training program and passing the demo, we were basically left on our own. They didn't give further instructions on what to do next. I only asked my trainer on what to do. They always reply late to your messages like 2-4 days late and that delayed the whole process. I could have been earning already but I was still just waiting for their replies. They don't care about their employees but they are very ready to give you penalties for every mistake you do. Don't apply for this company. You will be better off with a different one. They will only test your patience and waste your time.
Salary / Benefits
The management was the reason I quit. Very unresponsive, even if I report power outages they would still lock my slots. I worked hard for my ratings and one slip up (power outage, no internet) would put me back to 0.
Pros
Cons
There's no onw that's going to help you at this company.
Salary / Benefits
Unresponsive TM and CS. You wont get any support from them at all. At the very start of your work, you will be asked to finish answering 500+ item exam in a rush and you will not be paid to think that you are already consuming electricity. If you dont finish it, you cant plot your schedule. They deduct so much on your LITTLE SALARY!!
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
They deduct so much that easily on your salary
Salary / Benefits
I used to teach children and it was fun it was productive. I used to have good feedback from my students and had a regular student. All in all it was fun great and the company was so generous.
Salary / Benefits
Working in Acadsoc is extremely stressful. Not because of students but because of the management. Some students are not focused, wasting time, you are a baby-sitter and so on, but majority of them are great. Management, on the other hand is terrible! Teacher Managers or TMs can barely speak any English. When you have a problem, they will ignore you for days! And even if they answer, they will tell you something like "dear, give me your next week schedule, please" completely ignoring your problem. All your schedule depends how much your TM likes you. They are in control of it, how many students will you have for a day and so on. They are also hiding your class slots so that students can't see them at all, they are "reserved for trial classes", which you won't have and your regular students can't book you. For every class you finish you will get teaching points. When you get enough you might get a salary raise. Might, because if TM doesn't like you, you won't get it. And IF you get it you will get raise in cents (for example, 0.10, 0.20, 0.30$). Almost every week you will be bombarded with some new test you must take, and usually deadline is in a day or two. You get material, which has NOTHING to do with a test, and you need to pass it because it affects your booking, allegedly (it has no effect). They want you to put your personal pictures with your family and friends, they want a LOT of your personal information with explanation that it makes you more likable to the students. Also, recently they started threatening tutors that they will lose their job if they don't accept - more...
Pros
Cons
All of the above!
Salary / Benefits
Assisted adults and kids in learning English language providing excellent service and materials for easy learning and comfortable environment of their choice.
Salary / Benefits
I've been working there for quite a long. They always come up with some new stupid policies and rules. E.g. you've earned and deserved a bonus. The day before cut-off you receive some idiot complain and you can say good bye to the bonus. They change rules W/O EVEN INFORMING YOU. This includes salary cut. I felt really bad when this happened. I felt like an inorganic non-living thing and someone somewhere simply decided that would reduce spending on you. Just like that. Their main goals are: #1 - to rip off teachers. It seems like that's their main source of profit #2 - students' good opinion. You can get a complain if you told a student that it's not good and to work harder. Really?! I'm a teacher, it's against all work ethics to smile and nod the head while your student has not followed your instructions, has not learned what he was supposed to etc. They usually give some stupid explanation for their actions. I wouldn't have been surprised at all, if I had received message like "Money is the root of all evil. We love our tutors and we do not want money to cause any problems in their lives. We care about them, therefore WE CUT THEIR SALARIES" I didn't answer questions on the first page for one reason - everything depends. If you're poor and have nothing else to do with your life, this company is perfect for you. If you respect yourself, do not work here.
Salary / Benefits
The work flow was okay and staff was helpful in the past, but management policies changed and newer staff came in without much knowledge or concern about the mechanisms of workflow and types of workers. These then caused disruption of operations to the detriment of teachers. Discrimination is also strong in the company culture.
Salary / Benefits
Had regular training recently. Colleagues are fun and supportive. Management listens to the teachers' / admins' ideas and/or concerns. Had opportunity to make a difference in equipping students' English communication skills
Pros
Fun to teach, Colleagues are brilliant
Cons
Internet connection not reliable, Equipment/tools/props for improvement
Salary / Benefits
The company offered a good glimpsed of my future career as a future educator. The salary is right for me since I am just working part-time, but if you will work for a full-time then expect a very good salary and perks. My TM was also very accommodating and encouraging.
Salary / Benefits
The management always think what will be the best for the employees and at the same time they are also doing everything to have a stable company No regrets that I choose to apply to this company
Salary / Benefits
Acadsoc ltd. offers bigger salary compared to other ESL companies. I was enticed by the offer they provided which was way higher than my friends salary from 51talk.
Salary / Benefits
Acadsoc ltd. accepts tutors even if it has no experience as home based tutor. The salary it provides is more than enough compared to other ESL companies.
Salary / Benefits
Acadsoc ltd is a different company from other ESL companies. They always look for thew welfare of their tutors. Concerns I sent to the feedback email were addressed and resolved at the most possible time.
Salary / Benefits
I am a working student and a part time tutor in this company. And working here helps me a lot in supporting my studies and the most important is I can perfectly balance my time between school and work. Because the company offers flexible schedule.
Salary / Benefits
Working at home is great, no need for long preparation, flexible schedule, great students and most of all lessons are very easy to follow and discuss. And in here we have a great team work staffs are very approachable and very supportive.
Salary / Benefits
Acadsoc its one of the best ESL company not even in China or Philippines but also the entire world. they have a lots of native tutors around the globe and they trust Acadsoc because it has a good reputation 5 star rating and better than other ESL Company like ABC360, Rarejob or even 51 talk
Salary / Benefits
The most enjoyable part of this job is to receive appreciation from my students and I end my day with a smile and fulfillment that I was able to teach new things to my students
Salary / Benefits
I was grateful that ACADSOC LTD. gave me the opportunity to work homebased despite having no experience. For 2 yrs working as a homebased tutor, it was a challenging one but worth it. Acadsoc ltd especially my TM guided me all the way as a tutor and in handling students. The pay here in Acadsoc was way bigger than my friends salary working in 51talk. Cheers to more years in Acadsoc!