Acadsoc

Acadsoc Employee Reviews

Philippines213 reviews

Good company for starters

Pay is okay, there's work and life balance. Good for part-timers and student. They also provide you with trainings and certificate. More like a stepping stone

fast paced however not paid well

Not recommended for faint hearted and for those aspiring to get high pay rate. Do not expect that you will ever get the salary which they are advertising.

Pros

Learning curve will mold you into a better teacher.

Cons

Long hours as most of students doesn't speak English

Not the best place to work

I had encountered rude students and they barely do anything to protect the tutors. Penalty is not fair and some Tutor manager are not friendly, helpful and sometimes not responsive. There are tendency that they control who books a class with you. for example a student books you sometimes they transfer that student to another tutor or they don't show your schedule

Loads of deductions and they don’t give importance and care to their teachers

Loads of salary deductions and they don’t give importance and care to their teachers. They don’t appreciate their teachers efforts and the most of the managers are very unprofessional.

Trainer kinda left me out without any update. Turns out the trainer had a vacation and nobody took over her.

Recruitment is kinda fast and easy to get into as long as you have good English communication skills. Although, there were a lot of complaints for the onboarding recruits when they added us in a new fb group. It’s either you get a good trainer or got unlucky. Sadly, I got the latter.

Pros

You can choose your schedule

Cons

Penalties are too high. With a low salary, it is kinda frustrating.

My students are the best and my supervisor is responsible, just the company I have a problem with.

I really had a fun time working with my students, although there are some who has bad attitude but all in all, I still had a very good experiences, the only problem I had is the changes in policies and being not fair

Pros

Good relationship with students

Cons

Changing policies

I really love teaching and my students. Chinese people are very friendly and kind. I enjoy every class since they are fast learners and fun to talk to.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Salary

They offer different kinds of training for you to level up your career as an ESL tutor

Friendly and approachable management. They offer coaching sessions/ trainings for those who would want to step up their game to become outstanding tutors. It was a very fun experience to work with Acadsoc.

Pros

Company events Incentives WFH

Cons

Culture difference Discrimination

Flexible time and unreasonable deductions.Sometimes, inconsiderateToo slow TM response

I feel great to teach others, however, my salary isn't that great due to unreasonable huge deductions.Even if you've had enough proof that your internet was poor and needed to cancel the classes for the next few hours, they would still deduct your salary with a large amount.I can totally understand that my salary should be deducted, but the thing is that, even if I cancelled my classes for the next few hours, they would still deduct you equal to your own rate.And because of that, I ended up having a negative salary. I ended up paying Acadsoc instead.I know it's my responsibility to choose a great internet service provider or have at least a backup internet and power, however, I cannot afford the amount of money needed to pay for those.I hope Acadsoc would be more understanding. I also wish them to have a fast-acting management. It seems they only care about their clients and not their employees.

Pros

Flexible Time

Cons

Unreasonable huge deductions Sometimes inconsiderate

Stressful and unfair payments

Very Stressful and it is not good for your mental health. They treat their employee poorly and they make you feel that you are begging for your salary.

Pros

Enhance your speaking ability

Cons

They treat their employee poorly

low salary

Managers are hard to reach. Rules are changing from time to time. Salary deductions are always happening even though the teachers have concrete evidence to why class interruptions were happening.

Pros

flexible working schedule

Cons

low salary, pay raise is low and hard to reach

unfair compensation

The company doesn't listen to the voices of its teachers. The teachers are not fairly compensated. The company is inconsiderate of the bad situations teachers are experiencing.

very stressful, but great for part-timers

very stressful, but great for part-timers. Requires a lot of back up devices but as an employee, you can't usually afford it with the low salary. Lots of deductions in the salary when you had a connection problem.

Stressful and low salary.

At the start It was fun as a beginner. But I felt it was too stressful even though I'm working for long hours. The effort and the salary I received was not worth it. Management doesn't care about the teachers. Even though it's their platform that has an issue, they still deducted the penalty from my salary. I did the screenshots, the time needed, etc. buy it's no use. That's the time I decided to look around and find a job which I deserve. They didn't even inform us about the problem that was going on. They just terminated a lot of employees without explanation. Luckily I was not one of them but I decided to quit. Or maybe I should say "unluckily..." haha.. Good thing I got hired to another ESL company months before this happened.

Pros

Cons

A lot of rude students, low salary, long hours, unsupportive management, non-flexible schedule

unreasonable penalties

They don't really care about their teachers despite having consistently high ratings from students. One misunderstanding/complaint from a student that isn't necessarily the teacher's fault, unscheduled power interruptions (eg. due to inclement weather), and unexpected connectivity issues would result in unreasonably huge salary deductions.

Pros

students are nice

Cons

bad management

Employees are underpaid. There are no incentives nor bonuses regardless of your performance..

I certainly DON'T recommend this company. They don't have regard for their employees. They offer such LOW salaries. But even so, they sometimes fail to pay us on time. There was an instance when our salary got released a week after the date it should have been given to us. And their deductions for our government contributions were QUESTIONABLE!Aside from that, they willingly stopped their shuttle service amidst the pandemic, telling us that we can ride buses and cabs instead. Though I was one of the top-performing tutors, there was NOT a single time that I received an incentive for it. In short, it's all about THANK YOUs in Acadsoc. Bottom line is, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME HERE. DON'T WORK FOR ACADSOC.

Pros

Cons

no OT is credited (only extra hours with your regular rate), very low salaries

Challenging, fun workplace, productive employees and great students

- Good Students- Amiable Team Manager- Will meet different kinds of people in any ages, personality and professions-Students are mostly Chinese.

Pros

LOTS OF INCENTIVES such as PAB, Cb, and many more.

Cons

There's no CB, PAB now due to a law in China.

bad company

flexible with your time however the deductions arent good and they always side on the student, team leaders also doesnt have the knowledge on teaching they all just want you to attend the class and doesnt care about what happened to you specially on emergencies.

Pros

flexible time

Cons

triple deductions, bad management

Provides erroneous system when it's nearly time for the salary releasing.

TM's are unresponsive and inconsiderate. Penalties are higher than their salary offer. They offer slow tutor support and irrelevant reasons with their services.

Pros

Cons

Unresponsive and inconsiderate TM's. Low salary.

Stressful

We did not get our salary!and the company require us to have so many exams .After working we need to finish all the training and examinations.Yet they did not gave us the salary that we earn so hard.

Stressful Environment

I do not recommend this to some people who are already a professional teacher. ACADSOC will let you down. Imagine studying and getting your college diploma but you are underpaid. The management is not good and managers can not even communicate well due to their deficiency in speaking the language. Incompetent much and also some of the Managers in main office doesn't care about the employees whether you are in an emergency or not feeling well. You will definitely die just to finish the class and avoid the 150 pesos penalty. They are very fast and action when it comes to penalty. It seems like its always the teacher's fault. If you need the help of their CS or TM it takes forever to reply back to you. Complaints about rude students are also untouched even if there are some evidence presented. Injustice happens every time. You get to carry the burden of lagged tutor client system and the a classroom because they are all not working well. They promise you with the incentive but just overexploiting you. They will get angry if you will tell them the truth turning the tables to the teachers saying that we are accusing them. The job is good for begginners and student part timers but DON'T STAY HERE FOR TOO LONG.

Pros

flexible

Cons

underpaid, no incentives, racist people, ill mannered TM's and unconsiderate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acadsoc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Acadsoc
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?