Acadsoc

Acadsoc Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
It always stressing me especially the management and the low offered salary. However, on the other hand, it still helps me financially. I can still buy my daily needs, especially for my baby's needs.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Management, Tm, pressure, demands
Salary / Benefits
I enjoyed my students thoroughly and it was hard to leave, because I have grown close to my regulars. However, the company treat you like a number. They will hand out penalties left right and center and when they realized it was a system error/a mistake it takes weeks to clear the financial penalty. Although I worked there for almost nine months, they don't consider you at all. They also advertise that "you can choose your own schedule" which is untrue.The management is rued, unresponsive and incompetent which make working there extra hard. The teaching platforms that they provide is terrible, it keeps crashing which result in penalties. The booking rate is very low, so they keep you busy with quizes and teaching material, which take hours to complete!I currently work at two other English companies and it is paradise compared to Acadsoc.
Pros
The students
Cons
Management is terrible, Harsh penalties, failing teaching platforms
Salary / Benefits
Before getting in, there would be a bunch of examinations that you would need to complete. Once you start your classes, you get paid 90php per hour. You are expected to get 720php a day. In my opinion, the salary is not worth the effort you have given. There are alot of schools that offer a more competitive salary package for ESL teachers. If you plan to have this as your primary job, prepare yourself for long working hours (atleast 10hrs) to get a decent pay.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Low salary
Salary / Benefits
The rules and policies of Management are why you will hate this job.There are penalties deducted from your salary on a regular basis, 30 seconds late to clock in, they will deduct half your hourly salary. If you miss a class due to power outage or internet outage, they will deduct you 3 times the lesson rate. Late or early to class, you will get penalized 2% of your hourly rate per minute. On top of this a complaint either from the student or their QA team will grant you an automatic 50% hourly rate penalty. Complaints from students are rare, but if you do get a complaint, the Supervisor in charge of you will almost always take the students side. QA's are regularly checking the recorded videos for each class you take, checking for minor discrepancies . Such as poor lighting, Noisy backgrounds, Turning your head away from the camera for a few seconds. You will know if it is a student complaint as it will be notified to you straight away. If a complaint comes days after your class, you know it has come from Acadsocs QA department. Complaints from the QA are quite common. There are two teaching tools which you will use, A-Classroom and Classin. Both tools do enable you to do your job rather effectively, the problem is that there are always issues with the stability of them. Classin will often crash and you really need a high spec computer to use it, its uses allot of computer resources. A classroom is more resource friendly, but has allot more technical issues such as not being able to load the classroom, material not loading, freezes, etc. The network servers they use are quite - more...
Pros
Very Little
Cons
Too many too mention
Salary / Benefits
The TMS and Staff takes days to reply to your questions sometimes they Dont reply at all and inquiries after you pass the demo youre own your own.....
Pros
Fast training and demo
Cons
Tms and staff Dont reply
Salary / Benefits
Although I like teaching and I have grown attached to my students I wouldn't recommend this company. They have a point system so the increase in your salary is too small. Most of the time you are on your own because your TM is not always available. If you ask for help from other TMs they never answer. This company gives a penalty for every wrong move you do. TMs love to power trip.
Pros
easy interview, easy to use coursewares
Cons
low salary, TMs power tripping, point system, lots of penalties
Salary / Benefits
This company do not value their employees. You are just working for free , unreasonable penalties. TM will invade your privacy by randomly sending your videos to co-tutors and co-students. They do not respect the teachers, you will just be treated as a volunteer doing some charity work.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Poor support, low salary, delayed salary, fake advertisements
Salary / Benefits
I've been with the company for 3 years. and I might recommend this company who want to start and learn more about the industry.the company provided training and tools to used to improved your teaching skills. but try to be more self reliance. when I applied in this company it is hassle free and very convenient. I applied online and had been interview online too. The application process is so smooth. I was able to start immediately, thankful for that because ai badly needed the job. Keep it up Acadsoc! Keep the application process simple and fast!
Pros
flexible schedule, system tools are easy to used
Cons
increase of salary takes decade
Salary / Benefits
A really bad place to work in. The management is absolutely terrible, you are just a worker and they don't care about you at all. You have a chance to get a bonus every month but they somehow make it that you don't get it. Native speakers who teach don't even get to sign a contract so you're on your own there. The only positive thing are the students.
Pros
Students
Cons
Management, Pay
Salary / Benefits
So stressful! Low bookings and huge penalties .They are not considerate to their tutor's effort and reasons. It's ok to get penalties but the problem is the penalties higher than your hourly rate. No justice at all !.ESL Teachers don't deserve this . So to my fellow tutors just look for a company that you deserve. But if you want to try here its ok that's your decision. I just give my points of view based on what i had experiencing here.
Pros
Easy application and can work at home.
Cons
Many Cons! Huge penalties !Inconsiderate !
Salary / Benefits
They are only accommodating at the beginning; Then it is difficult to reach your TM (Tutor Manager). Deductions are automatic even if you have a valid reason. But when it comes to concerns or technical issues that could lead to deductions, responses/help always delayed. Not good in terms of earning. New package minimizes what tutors could earn. The longer you are with them, the less students will be given to you, TMs can block your schedules, they will prioritize new hires (lower salary).
Pros
Good for fresh grads, Work at home, No taxes
Cons
Technical issues every 2-3 weeks (might be due to system updates), Potential Virus from their required apps, Delayed responses from Tutor Manager, Automatic deductions, The longer you are with them, the less students will be given to you, they will prioritize new hires (lower salary)
Salary / Benefits
They waste people's time with rude and unprofessional management. There wasn't really a system with their hiring process. They would ask you to put more effort with your props and everything but the QA in the end will be very rude to you. The company's culture is very toxic. Now, I know why a lot of your tutors are quitting.
Pros
Cons
buggy software, unprofessional toxic work environment
Salary / Benefits
just so-so. some TM are unresponsive. They don't treat their employees well. No work no pay. no benefits . You are so luck if you are assign to the TM that are responsive
Pros
you can plot your schedule on week advance.
Cons
Low salary. some TM are unresponsive
Salary / Benefits
The slots you open everyday are not visible for students. They keep your slots for trial students (as advertisement for company) and most of the students can just see Filipino teachers slots and cannot book you.
Salary / Benefits
They will push you to perform well during the hiring process but comes the demo teaching, they will give you feedbacks that were never informed to you by the "trainer" during the training. During the training, the trainer will show concern to the trainees but after the training, he/she will leave you on your own. Worst company ever.
Pros
Slightly accommodating interviewer and trainer
Cons
very high standards, stupid training, stupid company
Salary / Benefits
you need to work 10-12 hours just to get 10,000 php and up salary. TM's are not responsive. they will not help you when you already passed. All about there ads is not real.
Pros
Cons
Many
Salary / Benefits
After finishing the training program and passing the demo, we were basically left on our own. They didn't give further instructions on what to do next. I only asked my trainer on what to do. They always reply late to your messages like 2-4 days late and that delayed the whole process. I could have been earning already but I was still just waiting for their replies. They don't care about their employees but they are very ready to give you penalties for every mistake you do. Don't apply for this company. You will be better off with a different one. They will only test your patience and waste your time.
Salary / Benefits
Acadsoc needs to work on their technology. Classes get booked last minute and you must refresh your calendar every 5 minutes to ensure you dont miss a booking. If you miss a class, you get penalized...double of what you get paid for one class. They dont have a proper notification system or even an app to tell you when your class is so your job for 4 5 hours or however long youve booked yourself open for classes, is to sit in front of your laptop and refresh!!!
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
Too many penalties
Salary / Benefits
1. They were not acknowledging my reasons and they just started kicking off penalties on my record. 2.Unresponsive TM, CS, and rude students. It will take a day or two to finally answer your questions but still won't answer the most important question of yours.(You will need to watch videos from other Acadsoc tutors on youtube to learn because they will not assist you.) 3.This is the worst. They will lock your schedule and let you have the penalties because they are not there to listen and become reasonable to your excuses. 4. Too many training and demo classes as their requirements that are so irrelevant to their objectives. 5. Weak assistance to everyone. They will always side with the student (even though they are weird, rude, and all.) 6. Their application of teaching has a lot of bugs to make you lose your patience and motivation. 7. THE DEDUCTIONS ARE BIGGER THAN YOUR SALARY.
Pros
None.
Cons
Unresponsiveness of TM and CS, Biggest deduction of all, Unfriendly working environment, and Mistreatment to Tutors
Salary / Benefits
not a sustainable job. Asking a lot of requirements but doesn't provide good salary. Not advisable to work from this company if you're looking for a regular job that can sustain your daily needs
Pros
Cons
not a sustainable job
Salary / Benefits
The management was the reason I quit. Very unresponsive, even if I report power outages they would still lock my slots. I worked hard for my ratings and one slip up (power outage, no internet) would put me back to 0.
Pros
Cons
There's no onw that's going to help you at this company.
  1. Employee Reviews