Acadsoc
Acadsoc Employee Review

Run as far as you can from this company!

May 14, 2020
Working in Acadsoc is extremely stressful. Not because of students but because of the management. Some students are not focused, wasting time, you are a baby-sitter and so on, but majority of them are great. Management, on the other hand is terrible! Teacher Managers or TMs can barely speak any English. When you have a problem, they will ignore you for days! And even if they answer, they will tell you something like "dear, give me your next week schedule, please" completely ignoring your problem. All your schedule depends how much your TM likes you. They are in control of it, how many students will you have for a day and so on. They are also hiding your class slots so that students can't see them at all, they are "reserved for trial classes", which you won't have and your regular students can't book you. For every class you finish you will get teaching points. When you get enough you might get a salary raise. Might, because if TM doesn't like you, you won't get it. And IF you get it you will get raise in cents (for example, 0.10, 0.20, 0.30$). Almost every week you will be bombarded with some new test you must take, and usually deadline is in a day or two. You get material, which has NOTHING to do with a test, and you need to pass it because it affects your booking, allegedly (it has no effect). They want you to put your personal pictures with your family and friends, they want a LOT of your personal information with explanation that it makes you more likable to the students. Also, recently they started threatening tutors that they will lose their job if they don't accept - more...
1.0Salary / Benefits
Pros
Cons
All of the above!
October 6, 2020
English Tutor (Former Employee) - Philippines
They are only accommodating at the beginning; Then it is difficult to reach your TM (Tutor Manager). Deductions are automatic even if you have a valid reason. But when it comes to concerns or technical issues that could lead to deductions, responses/help always delayed. Not good in terms of earning. New package minimizes what tutors could earn. The longer you are with them, the less students will be given to you, TMs can block your schedules, they will prioritize new hires (lower salary).
Pros
Good for fresh grads, Work at home, No taxes
Cons
Technical issues every 2-3 weeks (might be due to system updates), Potential Virus from their required apps, Delayed responses from Tutor Manager, Automatic deductions, The longer you are with them, the less students will be given to you, they will prioritize new hires (lower salary)
August 24, 2020
Tutor (Former Employee) - Philippines
After finishing the training program and passing the demo, we were basically left on our own. They didn't give further instructions on what to do next. I only asked my trainer on what to do. They always reply late to your messages like 2-4 days late and that delayed the whole process. I could have been earning already but I was still just waiting for their replies. They don't care about their employees but they are very ready to give you penalties for every mistake you do. Don't apply for this company. You will be better off with a different one. They will only test your patience and waste your time.
August 4, 2020
Online English Tutor (Former Employee) - Philippines
The management was the reason I quit. Very unresponsive, even if I report power outages they would still lock my slots. I worked hard for my ratings and one slip up (power outage, no internet) would put me back to 0.
Pros
Cons
There's no onw that's going to help you at this company.
  1. Run as far as you can from this company!