Play YouTube video button
Acadsoc

Acadsoc Employee Reviews

Philippines173 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Nice and they are good to us. You need to work hard to get incentives and they need to appreciate more to the teachers. My job was not easy but it is nice to see those students learning from us.
Salary / Benefits
After finishing the training program and passing the demo, we were basically left on our own. They didn't give further instructions on what to do next. I only asked my trainer on what to do. They always reply late to your messages like 2-4 days late and that delayed the whole process. I could have been earning already but I was still just waiting for their replies. They don't care about their employees but they are very ready to give you penalties for every mistake you do. Don't apply for this company. You will be better off with a different one. They will only test your patience and waste your time.
Salary / Benefits
1. They were not acknowledging my reasons and they just started kicking off penalties on my record.
2.Unresponsive TM, CS, and rude students. It will take a day or two to finally answer your questions but still won't answer the most important question of yours.(You will need to watch videos from other Acadsoc tutors on youtube to learn because they will not assist you.)

3.This is the worst. They will lock your schedule and let you have the penalties because they are not there to listen and become reasonable to your excuses.

4. Too many training and demo classes as their requirements that are so irrelevant to their objectives.

5. Weak assistance to everyone. They will always side with the student (even though they are weird, rude, and all.)

6. Their application of teaching has a lot of bugs to make you lose your patience and motivation.

7. THE DEDUCTIONS ARE BIGGER THAN YOUR SALARY.
Pros
None.
Cons
Unresponsiveness of TM and CS, Biggest deduction of all, Unfriendly working environment, and Mistreatment to Tutors
Salary / Benefits
not a sustainable job. Asking a lot of requirements but doesn't provide good salary. Not advisable to work from this company if you're looking for a regular job that can sustain your daily needs
Pros
Cons
not a sustainable job
Salary / Benefits
The management was the reason I quit. Very unresponsive, even if I report power outages they would still lock my slots. I worked hard for my ratings and one slip up (power outage, no internet) would put me back to 0.
Pros
Cons
There's no onw that's going to help you at this company.
Salary / Benefits
Unresponsive TM and CS. You wont get any support from them at all. At the very start of your work, you will be asked to finish answering 500+ item exam in a rush and you will not be paid to think that you are already consuming electricity. If you dont finish it, you cant plot your schedule. They deduct so much on your LITTLE SALARY!!
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
They deduct so much that easily on your salary
Salary / Benefits
Acadsoc has kind students, flexible schedule, unresponsive Tutor Manager and staff, low salary, and high penalties. There are better companies waiting for you.
Pros
Kind students, flexible schedule
Cons
Unresponsive Tutor Manager and staff, low salary, high penalties
Salary / Benefits
I am truly grateful to my previous company. I have learned a lot. I appreciate the opportunities they have provided me during my time working with the team there, but I just need a job change to secure a position that enables me to use my potentials and developed skill for further advancement of my knowledge and personality and to be a great contribution.
Pros
The salary is good
Cons
unorganized and poor support system
Salary / Benefits
I used to teach children and it was fun it was productive. I used to have good feedback from my students and had a regular student. All in all it was fun great and the company was so generous.
Salary / Benefits
Don't work at this company. The rate is very low. imagine working and just earning 45 pesos? They also have so many deductions. A single minute of being late is worth 40 pesos deduction. Aside from that, I worked here and was not paid by this company until now. They are the worst.
Salary / Benefits
This has been a good company since it was recommended. Unfortunately, with the increase of students and teachers, they became greedy to the fact that they do not consider their teachers' workloads that they penalize 6x the hourly pay and you can't avail of any benefits. Faults are always thrown upon the teachers.
Pros
Trainings are available
Cons
incosiderate management and low salary
Salary / Benefits
Not this company please try another one. They don't care about their employees. Late salaries unsupportive and unresponsive staff. Everything is a worst
Salary / Benefits
If you have an enemy, recommend this company and you will have your sweetest revenge.If you want to experience what is it like to work with the worst Chinese management, apply here
Salary / Benefits
Working in Acadsoc is extremely stressful. Not because of students but because of the management. Some students are not focused, wasting time, you are a baby-sitter and so on, but majority of them are great.
Management, on the other hand is terrible! Teacher Managers or TMs can barely speak any English. When you have a problem, they will ignore you for days! And even if they answer, they will tell you something like "dear, give me your next week schedule, please" completely ignoring your problem. All your schedule depends how much your TM likes you. They are in control of it, how many students will you have for a day and so on. They are also hiding your class slots so that students can't see them at all, they are "reserved for trial classes", which you won't have and your regular students can't book you. For every class you finish you will get teaching points. When you get enough you might get a salary raise. Might, because if TM doesn't like you, you won't get it. And IF you get it you will get raise in cents (for example, 0.10, 0.20, 0.30$). Almost every week you will be bombarded with some new test you must take, and usually deadline is in a day or two. You get material, which has NOTHING to do with a test, and you need to pass it because it affects your booking, allegedly (it has no effect). They want you to put your personal pictures with your family and friends, they want a LOT of your personal information with explanation that it makes you more likable to the students.

Also, recently they started threatening tutors that they will lose their job if they don't accept
 - more...
Pros
Cons
All of the above!
Salary / Benefits
Was once a good company to work for until they started changing rules every week and constantly badgering teachers to do unpaid courses. I am in favour of professional development but this company takes it way too far and seemed determined to make their teachers sweat. A place that is going downhill fast.
Pros
paid fortnightly
Cons
management attitude to teachers and constantly changing rules
Salary / Benefits
Time is very much flexible. You can choose your own schedule depends on your availability. You need to be creative and energetic if your students are kids. Overall, students are friendly and polite.
Salary / Benefits
I will not recommend this to my friends. They do not have fair compensation, strict admin and staff! Very limited time to have a break. Some learners do not pay attention during the class and waste the time no matter how much you try to get their attention and all. They love to talk in chinese language and the teacher is not allowed to use chinese during the class time.
Salary / Benefits
It is not a legit company. They will make you work for free and never pay your salary. No one will help you if you ever have complaints and they won't listen to your issue about the company.
Salary / Benefits
I could recommend this to anyone who has proper equipment at home because it is a home-based job. It was really convenient and the pay was commendable for an online job.
Salary / Benefits
Fun meeting new people from another country or culture. I worked night shift from 6 PM to 11 PM. However, ACADSOC Company gives a very low starting salary.
Salary / Benefits
Acadsoc is a English Teaching company in China they are one of highest company on their field. the teaching schedules was set by the tutors advance 2 weeks they have Tutor Manager each tutor and they provide trainings to improve their teachers more. the hardest part of the job for me is my connection because its slow. and I really enjoy teaching, especially everytime I receive 5 star ratings.