ABS-CBN Broadcasting

ABS-CBN Broadcasting Employee Reviews for Video Editor

Video Editor10 reviews
Philippines10 reviews
Salary / Benefits
In ABS-CBN, everyone is treated like a family member. Everyone does his part even beyond his/her job description to make the projects run smoothly. I had a great time working there and missed it alot.
Salary / Benefits
As video editor, we editing materials that are needed for airing. Workplace is toxic if you have airing deadline. I get the satisfaction if you make it on time.
Salary / Benefits
Not satisfied with the benefits and status in our company. Need to explore and grow. No night differential for graveyard shifts and no overtime and holiday pay. No work No pay is the policy.
Pros
free rice every meal
Cons
long hours with out overtime
Salary / Benefits
Where I first learned video editing and also the first company where I work. Workplace culture very decent. The hardest part of the job is public service.
Pros
Stable Company
Salary / Benefits
-Large television company in the Philippines.
- Good Salary

- Advance Media equipments

Working with the best in the industry: highly creative people, very passionate and with integrity.

All employees live by the company's motto: In the service of the Filipino.

Fun place to work in, not so formal or corporate.

Plenty of opportunities to hone out your talent or even discover new ones.
Pros
Entertaining
Salary / Benefits
I worked here for almost 3 years now but for us Freelance Video Editors, it is project based. A normal project runs for 3 to 4 months, and depending on the local TV ratings, a project can be cut off short or extend.

Working hours depends on the given project.

for example.

I was an Onsite Editor for a Philippine Drama TV Series called And I Love You So. I worked for 3 times a week with a minimum of 22 hours per day. Travel time, in between breaks and such are included. (3 Months)

I was also an In House Editor of ABS CBN's franchise of The Voice Kids Season 3 (3 Months) and Minute To Win It Season 3: Last Man Standing (10 Months).

I worked for 10 to 12 hours a day for 6 to 7 days a week in the said local TV programs.
Pros
Sometimes we get free food from the Production Team, and we are allowed to take naps during long hour shifts
Cons
Long Hours of Work, Project Based
Salary / Benefits
I had a chance to experience working in media industry. Even I had to endure long hours of working it is fine with me, but working on sundays is not good for me.
Pros
Got to work with different people
Cons
Working on Sundays
Salary / Benefits
The work here is overflowing and sometimes impossible to achieve in a specific time given. We are working for 20-35 hours per taping day. You don't have time to sleep and the management demands a lot from you, as an editor here you don't treat as a professional , they treat you like you don't have any educational background , the politics in the company are sickening and you can't just trust your colleagues.
Pros
popularity of the company
Cons
Long hours of works, not fair treatment
Salary / Benefits
Its a very fun environment specially when it comes to work. Everyday is a challenge it helps me as an individual to grow.I am very thankful that I manage to land a job at this biggest broadcasting corporation in the Philippines but as a person, people strive to have a career growth and financial motivation.
Salary / Benefits
Employees have the chance to develop their different skills and talents, company provides extra-curricular events and a good working environment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ABS-CBN Broadcasting?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABS-CBN Broadcasting. Our community is ready to answer.
ABS-CBN Broadcasting Reviews by Location