51Talk

51Talk Salary & Benefits reviews

Philippines297 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Overall the company is great, I enjoy working in here, relaxing and can work at anytime, and also a lot of free training's that you can book and you can enjoy everytime.
Pros
flexible working schedule
Cons
low booking rate, lots of deductions, less benefits.
Salary / Benefits
You need lots of energy but they will pay you small amount of money.
Not so good company.

Not worthy.

Lots of penalties for teachers

Sometimes there are bad students and it will be very stressful for the teachers
Salary / Benefits
51Talk provides competitive salary and incentives. They have an awesome support system. The environment is friendly and fun. Promotion is fast as well
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Competitive Salary and Incentives
Cons
None so far
Salary / Benefits
Teaching here was fun and exciting! It really brought the inner child in me! The teaching hours are also flexible giving me the opportunity to balance my career and being a full time mom.
Pros
Incentives and Bonuses
Salary / Benefits
I learned that we still need to learn more in order for us to be a dynamic teacher. I am thankful that 51talk has free trainings for teachers like me. The trainings helps me a lot to be a better teacher. I can confidently teach because Im in 51talk family. The management helps us alot from day 1. They are able to guide us and encourage us to do our best. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to experienced the fun in teaching kids. The hardest part of my job is to be able to work especially when there is a power interruption from our place. Despite of the pandemic Im still thankful that I have a job. 51talk helps me a lot and my family to survive this crisis we are facing. Looking for more trainings and become a junior teacher, someday. You also get to meet amazing people who are willing to help you in accomplishing your tasks. Salary is also competitive and is a great salary for fresh graduates. 51Talk is great for both experienced and non-experienced online teachers.
Pros
free trainings
Cons
long hours of training
Salary / Benefits
As an experienced Home-Based Online ESL Teacher. I can confidently say that 51talk has the best things an Online Teaching platform. . . . 51talk has competitive pay and incentives, great support system.
Pros
Free lunches
Salary / Benefits
I found it a very convenient job because it's accessible even you are in your home. It's easy to access, especially this is just my part-time job. After I got home, I just turn on my laptop and teach.
Pros
incentives
Cons
lots of penalty
Salary / Benefits
The work is challenging but rewarding. You also get to meet amazing people who are willing to help you in accomplishing your tasks. Salary is also competitive and is a great salary for fresh graduates.
Pros
Great salary, and work environment
Cons
Long working hours
Salary / Benefits
51Talk is great for both experienced and non-experienced online teachers. The company has great training courses and they even offer free TESOL. The pay is also good packaged with great incentives. Overall I'm happy with 51Talk!
Pros
Flexible working schedule, Free Training, Hmo, Tesol, etc.
Salary / Benefits
Being part of 51Talk as a home-based teacher was the best experience I've ever had. This experience helped me boost my skills in teaching through the free trainings and webinars that they offer. I also feel like I am my own because I can teach whenever I want to since 51Talk offers flexible teaching hours. And lastly, I am motivated to teach because of their compensation that is enriched with bonuses and incentives.
Pros
Flexible Teaching and Work-From-Home type of job setting
Salary / Benefits
They have flexible plotting of schedule but there is no guarantee that all your open schedule will be book.I always experience low booking even though I open my slots on peak hours.The penalty is higher than your hourly rate.They should have consideration on the employees part.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
low booking, No student, Higher penalty rate
Salary / Benefits
working at 51 talk was a good experience and a tool to improve your communication, typing, internet skills. It is a good company but the salary is a little low
Salary / Benefits
Very convenient, and the work hours are flexible! For a person like me who rarely wants to go out and deal with the hot Philippine weather, a job like this is awfully convenient! I usually work at night so I can spend more time with my family in the day which is great!
Salary / Benefits
I used to work for Acadsoc for 2 years and the compensation I got is nowhere near how much I earn now with 51Talk. Everything has just been so good, so far - from the salary, benefits, and volume of students; not to mention the ease of the application process, it only took me 3 days to complete!

I couldn't be more happier to have made the switch!
Salary / Benefits
The application process was easy, the training program was fast, & the onboarding experience was just awesome!

I was guided on how to open up my very first class, & I've had great support ever since!

51Talk is definitely a lot better than other ESL companies.
Its salary, benefits, & student bookings trump Acadsoc's.
Salary / Benefits
Abusive to workers, strict, not paid as much as the value you produce, all in all, would not recommend. Find a job where you are valued. I guess that's all but this review requires a minimum number of words
Salary / Benefits
You can manage your own schedule which makes the work so flexible. You can also relax whenever you want. The children are all good which makes the work more fun.
Salary / Benefits
Time management is very flexible. The admins are accessible. Salaries are worth paying and just right for the nature of the job. But for now, I am looking for a non voice job. Thank you
Salary / Benefits
Do not even bother with their Home-Based Online Teaching position.

If you're going in anyway, do not expect to be treated fairly.
You start with $2 per hour and this is obviously not enough to pay for anything!
Salary / Benefits
Not all lesson materials are relevant and useful. Management is too strict, mostly inconsiderate especially on matters of cancellation. They can be quick to change policies at any time convenient for them.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
low wage
Salary / Benefits
You can choose your own time for work but no assurance of getting paid fairly. Poor in employees management and takes time to get a regular customer due to abundance of student.