51Talk

Philippines40 reviews

Clear
2.9Salary & Benefits

Abusive to workers

Abusive to workers, strict, not paid as much as the value you produce, all in all, would not recommend. Find a job where you are valued. I guess that's all but this review requires a minimum number of words

Look for another ESL company eho appreciates their teachers.

Very exploited. Low salary pay. Unreasonable penaltes and management is not transparent. With thenew policy, teachers are left in the dark regarding their employment statuses. Teachers have been unfairly demoted and it's frustrating to most people. It's the management's way of saying "Resign now or await more injustices."

Pros

Work from Home setup

Cons

Low salary pay, unreasonable penalties, valid reasons are very limited so if you are absent, automatic penalties

Very flexible

Time management is very flexible. The admins are accessible. Salaries are worth paying and just right for the nature of the job. But for now, I am looking for a non voice job. Thank you

Good and please keep on providing jobs to others

The company is good chance to have passive income but if you dont have a student on that they you got nothing because of the booking system, thats all

Pros

Good income if you have lots of students

Cons

Delayed salary, booking system

Choose your own schedule

This is also for best for newbies because their platform is easy to use and understand. You can also work depending on your schedule as long as you meet their required number of hours.

One of the best job in the world.

This job allows me to make my own schedules and do as I please as long as I follow the rules. The pay is just enough to pay pay some bills, its not really that high, unless you teach non stop.

Average rating only. The salary is good but if you have a short span of patience, please don't apply. Mostly the students were rude and not listening to the teacher.

A very good company for those who wants to manage their own time.

51Talk is a big help when it comes to salary. I think I am paid off fairly. It's a stress free work. You can manage your time. It's your decision when to teach.

Pros

You can manage your time.

Cons

No benefits

Fun and engaging company

It is quite a good place to work if you have complete equipment ,as well as generators if possible to prevent missed lessons.They give penalties for missed lessons.The hardest part of the job is to adopt to your students attitude.Enjoyable part is they give free trainings and engaging workplace and even they give incentives.

Pros

free trainings, incentives, engaging competitions, work on your own time.

Cons

no healthcare benefits and security benefits

good work place

Good workplace but not god at workers because the penalize the workers at a very high price. when there a blackout at our place they will not consider it and they penalized the staff at a high price

It was fun teaching a lot of people. They don't only learn from me, but I laso learn new things from them.

I think that 51talk is a relatively good job for moms like me. If you want to have a home based job that pays, then this might fit you. They have flexible schedule that you can plot beforehand. Students book your schedule when they like your teaching style. I like teaching kids and adults alike. I had fun in learning a new culture, words and some characteristics of Chinese people. It is a challenge teaching kids because it is hard to teach them the basics of English since they are just starting to learn the language. What I don't like about 51Talk is their policy when there are outages and blackouts. They would deduct from your salary unless you provide solid proof of outages in your area which is often difficult to get. It will take time before you get a refund from them.

Pros

Fun way of teaching. Flexible time

Cons

deduct salary when you are not able to have classes because of blackouts and outages

Feasible to work at home

I like this job because it helps me improve my teaching skills and be integrated with other culture particularly Chinese. I teach English as a second language from children to adult learners in the comfort of my home. As a part of my learning, working at home will give me more time for my family and education because I'm taking up Professional Education to join the Licensure Exam for Teachers this year. The management helps me to excel in my teaching skills because they encourage their employees to take trainings and webinars as a part of competence. The hardest part of this job is the salary and compensations for their employees. They don't have paid leaves and they pay a minimal amount. I believe that five dollars per hour would not be enough to even pay an apartment rent but what else can I do, I have to make ends meet. Although I have to accept a low paying part-time job, I enjoy speaking to the regular students that I have. I also enjoy meeting new students especially those who are what we call FTs or first timers who want to try the service of the company.

Pros

work at home

Cons

low salary, no paid leaves

bad company

the company rarely listens to its teachers. It focused more on the clients. Salary is paid on time but with deductions. HOwever, the company provided great training for their employees.

Pros

great training

Cons

onesidedness

More incentives and benefits.

Salary is big but we don't have paid leave. We also don't have benefits like Philhealth and Health cards. I hope they will improve on this.

Pros

Salary

Benefits

A decent company.

The company was good to me, and the training the company provides is good. My only issue with the company is it's support team, it takes them forever to respond to concerns.

Pros

Good incentives.

Cons

Fun, interactive place to work with

The working hours is very flexible. The management is very nice.

Pros

Weekend Bonus

Cons

teacher's absent penalty is too high