51Talk

51Talk Salary & Benefits reviews: English Teacher

English Teacher88 reviews
Philippines88 reviews
Salary / Benefits
working at 51 talk was a good experience and a tool to improve your communication, typing, internet skills. It is a good company but the salary is a little low
Salary / Benefits
It is an awesome experience! I really enjoyed teaching students during my free time. Trainings provided by the company really helps a lot for self-improvement. I am confident and was able to deliver my lessons very well. 51 talk has competitive salary and incentives, great support system, fun work culture and reliable management.
Pros
incentives and compensations
Salary / Benefits
Being part of 51Talk as a home-based teacher was the best experience I've ever had. This experience helped me boost my skills in teaching through the free trainings and webinars that they offer. I also feel like I am my own because I can teach whenever I want to since 51Talk offers flexible teaching hours. And lastly, I am motivated to teach because of their compensation that is enriched with bonuses and incentives.
Pros
Flexible Teaching and Work-From-Home type of job setting
Salary / Benefits
I used to work for Acadsoc for 2 years and the compensation I got is nowhere near how much I earn now with 51Talk. Everything has just been so good, so far - from the salary, benefits, and volume of students; not to mention the ease of the application process, it only took me 3 days to complete!

I couldn't be more happier to have made the switch!
Salary / Benefits
The application process was easy, the training program was fast, & the onboarding experience was just awesome!

I was guided on how to open up my very first class, & I've had great support ever since!

51Talk is definitely a lot better than other ESL companies.
Its salary, benefits, & student bookings trump Acadsoc's.
Salary / Benefits
It's really nice to be working with Chinese students. There might be hard to deal with but mostly, they are cute and respectful ones. I have a freewill to choose my own schedule and thats a good thing
Salary / Benefits
At first it was hard to wait for booked classes. I learned a lot with 51talk, this is my first home based job. The most enjoyable part was having a class with a smart kid. The hardest part, I think, If we have technical problems or if we are not able to attend the booked classes, and you weren't able to inform them . The deduction from your salary is way bigger than what you are earning in 25 minutes.
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun working experience which gives you time for yourself. It's just that it is not regular. Your salary depends on how many your students are.
Salary / Benefits
There' s a work life balance because you are going to plot your sched according to your time availability.
Management is very supportive when it comes to free training.

Salary will depend on bookings. But there are incentives for referrals and enrollment.
There is no job security since home-based teachers are doing independent service.
Pros
Plot your own schedule
Cons
booking system. No bookings no salary
Salary / Benefits
I worked here for two months but I resigned already because of huge penalties. I earn 54 pesos per class and gets deduction of 140 pesos just for one missed class! How unfair! But I like the flexible working schedule. You have no boss telling you what time of the day you're going to work, it's totally up to you. All in all, it was a good experience!
Pros
Flexible working schedule
Cons
High penalties
Salary / Benefits
I normally works in the morning for 6 hours then 6 hours at night 5 days a week.I learned how to deal with so many people different characters and different ages. That management is fine but sometimes they seems to be very strict but I guess its normal.I worked at home so its so comfortable working at home.The hardest part of this job this is not a permanent job and time pressure.
Pros
free time
Cons
time pressure
Salary / Benefits
No comment. Management is apparently not fair in treating teachers. They are merely after the payment of the students. Once a student report something bad about the teacher, they immediately believe and outrightly deduct something from the salary of the corresponding teacher.
Salary / Benefits
Most of the time it's fun because you will meet different kind of students and also your regular students coming back to you but some students are not polite making it hard for you to reach their heart that's why i learned how to handle any kind of attitude and giving them a very good customer service. It's a home-based job so your room will be your own work place making it very comfortable.
Pros
You can choose your own time slot.
Cons
It's a booking basis. The less student you have, the less salary you will get.
Salary / Benefits
The work is okay however your salary will depend on your bookings. Thou, I must say this is a decent job especially for those who want to work at home. The support team is very approachable. This is the best online teaching company so far. The growth is there and the training as well. But I am seeking for something that deals with people. Customer care is what I am good at but teaching is a very good experience.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Salary / Benefits
I learned a lot especially it needs to be practical always an independent and responsible enough when engaging in the company. Be punctual, patient enough and creative when teaching young learners.
Pros
Free lunch
Salary / Benefits
51talk is a good company, willing to pay the worker base on the time that he or she gives to teach the chinese students. Though there may some issue with the software that they provide to be used for teaching.
Pros
Time flexibility
Cons
Salary discrepancies
Salary / Benefits
The students were cool but the management has a lot to improved yet , support members are inconsistent about the penalty policy , some are super strict , some are considerate . Overall I believe the company should enhance the employees compensation and benefits.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
You have to work hard and long to gain more income
Salary / Benefits
no comment because I didn't have bad memories nor good memories with 51talk at all. But to be fair, They have a decent structure and decent work ethics but they dont stimulate much interest in their partners.
Salary / Benefits
You can work from home, you are the one in control of your schedules. No one is pressuring anyone, Supports are nice but they sometimes reply late so you can't rely that much to them.
Pros
work from home
Cons
deductions
Salary / Benefits
I enjoy teaching kids, teens, and adults 5 times a week. I get to decide my office hours, and I get to choose how many classes I get each day. But I'm not happy with the penalties. They only reverse penalties when it is a life or death situation, or when your place has a natural calamity, and blackouts are only excused when you have a Signal No. 2 storm. Their penalties are too high, and the salaries are too low. For your starting salary, you get ALMOST a quarter of what the student actually pays the company. I have a lot of disappointment regarding the penalties and the salaries. But, I can still earn.
Pros
Flexible time, great students
Cons
Penalties and low salary
Salary / Benefits
I have a great experience working in 51talk . I can conduct classes during my available time. The promotion is fast as long as you can attend the number of lessons and trainings required. They provide online and onsite trainings with pay. To avoid penalties make sure you have back ups like generator and UPS (for power interruption), extra laptop or PC and extra ISP. In 51talk, you can spend time to your family and same time you are earning money as well.
Pros
not affected by traffic
Cons
no work no pay