51Talk

51Talk Employee Reviews

Philippines308 reviews
Salary / Benefits
You will have a fun and productive time teaching different clients with different ages. With the flexible time it will give you many opportunities with your personal life plans.
Pros
Easy time management
Cons
Adjustment with different clients
Salary / Benefits
You get penalized even if it's not your fault and lesson support won't help reverse the penalties! That inconsiderate company even suspended my account without warning due to technical reasons thus depriving me from my then source of income!
Pros
flexible time
Cons
few students, brats, inconsiderate management
Salary / Benefits
I'm always grateful for the experience they've given me. It boosted my confidence and trained me to become better in the teaching profession. They offer free online trainings and promotions are easy to achieve. You just really have to have a good and stable internet connection as well as a secure source of electricity, which I lacked back then. Without it, penalties would be stacked more than your actual rate per session.
Pros
Gives you a lot of training which are essential for your profession and promotion.
Cons
They have bigger penalty rate than your actual per 25-minute rate.
Salary / Benefits
The company before has a good sense of management. But, when 2019 comes, everything changes. It becomes worse. They are not treating their teachers as "TEACHERS" but more on "Money Makers".
if the student does not feel the teacher they could actually check bad evaluations even if it is not apparent on your class, sudden shift of company rules and regulations, they are not consistent, more on money making and not teaching.
Pros
Work from home, incentives( if luckily you have good and understanding students)
Cons
Absurd management, they are not following the vision and mission of the company, the true essence of teaching is not followed
Salary / Benefits
It is an awesome experience! I really enjoyed teaching students during my free time. Trainings provided by the company really helps a lot for self-improvement. I am confident and was able to deliver my lessons very well. 51 talk has competitive salary and incentives, great support system, fun work culture and reliable management.
Pros
incentives and compensations
● Pay & benefits
My pay and benefits at 51Talk are the worst! They pay you very low yet you do a lot of effort to teach. The penalties are 4 times than your salary per 25 mins. There is no justice indeed. Please please do not apply here.

● Overall

My experience working at 51Talk is not good. You exert a lot of energy and time but do not get any benefit or even a bigger salary.
Salary / Benefits
I used to take my work-from-home situation for granted before, but definitely not anymore! I am extremely grateful for 51Talk for providing me with an opportunity to earn a living during the pandemic whilst staying safe at home with my family. I can also say that this is the perfect work-life balance!
Pros
Staying safe at home with my loved ones
Cons
none at all
Salary / Benefits
Being a part of 51Talk was the best decision I have ever made. Who knew that a person with no teaching experience, such as myself before, is now living a comfortable lifestyle teaching children while at the comfort of my home. At first, I didn't have any experience but with the wide array of trainings that 51Talk offers, I was able to develop all the skills I need to become an effective teacher. With this, I can say that 51Talk has a strong support system because it cares for its teachers. Moreover, the incentives and bonuses that I am receiving are exciting, which definitely drives my motivation up to this day.
Pros
Work From Home, Flexible Teaching Schedule
Salary / Benefits
Penalties are way too high and there's no consideration esp when there's a power outage and not entirely your fault. Promotions and tagging are delayed as well. You have to wait for weeks before they will tag your promotion. They won't even bother unless you contact or follow up the support team.
Pros
Convenient and fun
Cons
No benefits, penalty fees are very high, you are required to teach at night during peak hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at 51Talk?
Salary / Benefits
51 Talk should fix their AC. Why? Because their AC is a trash. It is not their employees fault that they can not enter their class, its the company itself.
Pros
Experience, socialization, and improve.
Cons
AC is a TRASH, naughty kids, you'll get 1/4 of your student's payment as your salary and the rest is to the company, and lasty no justice when it is the student or company's fault.
Salary / Benefits
During a typical work, one of my biggest task, is to prepare myself, prepare a lesson and visuals as well so that my students can really enjoy and understand our lesson. I really enjoyed being a 51tak teacher because students are kind and friendly, also the teachers, staff and admins.
Pros
Work at home, incentives, promotions
Cons
So far, I have no problem with my work
Salary / Benefits
This is my first time to work as an online teacher. And so far, I don't have any regrets working in this company. My work is truly challenging and fun . The training that i have experienced is fast-paced and enjoyable .
Pros
working comfortably at home
Salary / Benefits
A typical day at work is preparation before the first lesson. Prepares needed pictures, check the laptop, sound check among others. I learned that I need to be prepared all the time so that the teaching-learning process is enjoyable to me as well as to my student. The hardest part of the job is when there are connection problems that can not be controlled, thus, lost of teaching time. The most enjoyable part is when I know that I did my best to teach and that I know that my student really learned
Pros
there are available bonuses for a job well done
Cons
connectivity interruptions not can not be controlled
not pro teacher,
false income advertisement unless you don't sleep and eat

relaxed and fast paced but needed commitment to do the job

absences, with whatever the reason (regardless if it's valid or not or their fault (tech issues)/your fault) is not accepted
Cons
not considerate of teacher's situation, full of slary deductions, very little incentives
Salary / Benefits
You need lots of energy but they will pay you small amount of money.
Not so good company.

Not worthy.

Lots of penalties for teachers

Sometimes there are bad students and it will be very stressful for the teachers
Salary / Benefits
51Talk provides competitive salary and incentives. They have an awesome support system. The environment is friendly and fun. Promotion is fast as well
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Competitive Salary and Incentives
Cons
None so far
Salary / Benefits
Teaching here was fun and exciting! It really brought the inner child in me! The teaching hours are also flexible giving me the opportunity to balance my career and being a full time mom.
Pros
Incentives and Bonuses
Salary / Benefits
You can choose your own working schedule. The incentives are motivating and help the teacher in their career development. Gives free training that will hone the teachers' skills.
Pros
Good incentives
Salary / Benefits
Stable & flexible even amidst the current crisis. Provides career & personal growth to its employees. Professional & family-like culture. Joining 51Talk is one of the best decision I made.
Salary / Benefits
I started my teaching journey in 51Talk a few months ago and I have to say I am loving my experience so far! I get to earn a lot of incentives and also support from my coaches and support team. In fact, the trainings here are free so it definitely my teaching skills improved over the course of time. I love 51Talk! The best work-from-home job I have ever had!
Pros
Free Trainings, Job Flexibility
Salary / Benefits
Overall the company is great, I enjoy working in here, relaxing and can work at anytime, and also a lot of free training's that you can book and you can enjoy everytime.
Pros
flexible working schedule
Cons
low booking rate, lots of deductions, less benefits.