51Talk

51Talk Employee Reviews

Philippines297 reviews
not pro teacher,
false income advertisement unless you don't sleep and eat

relaxed and fast paced but needed commitment to do the job

absences, with whatever the reason (regardless if it's valid or not or their fault (tech issues)/your fault) is not accepted
Cons
not considerate of teacher's situation, full of slary deductions, very little incentives
Salary / Benefits
This is my first time to work as an online teacher. And so far, I don't have any regrets working in this company. My work is truly challenging and fun . The training that i have experienced is fast-paced and enjoyable .
Pros
working comfortably at home
Salary / Benefits
A typical day at work is preparation before the first lesson. Prepares needed pictures, check the laptop, sound check among others. I learned that I need to be prepared all the time so that the teaching-learning process is enjoyable to me as well as to my student. The hardest part of the job is when there are connection problems that can not be controlled, thus, lost of teaching time. The most enjoyable part is when I know that I did my best to teach and that I know that my student really learned
Pros
there are available bonuses for a job well done
Cons
connectivity interruptions not can not be controlled
Salary / Benefits
You need lots of energy but they will pay you small amount of money.
Not so good company.

Not worthy.

Lots of penalties for teachers

Sometimes there are bad students and it will be very stressful for the teachers
Salary / Benefits
51Talk provides competitive salary and incentives. They have an awesome support system. The environment is friendly and fun. Promotion is fast as well
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Competitive Salary and Incentives
Cons
None so far
Salary / Benefits
Teaching here was fun and exciting! It really brought the inner child in me! The teaching hours are also flexible giving me the opportunity to balance my career and being a full time mom.
Pros
Incentives and Bonuses
Salary / Benefits
You can choose your own working schedule. The incentives are motivating and help the teacher in their career development. Gives free training that will hone the teachers' skills.
Pros
Good incentives
Salary / Benefits
Stable & flexible even amidst the current crisis. Provides career & personal growth to its employees. Professional & family-like culture. Joining 51Talk is one of the best decision I made.
Salary / Benefits
I started my teaching journey in 51Talk a few months ago and I have to say I am loving my experience so far! I get to earn a lot of incentives and also support from my coaches and support team. In fact, the trainings here are free so it definitely my teaching skills improved over the course of time. I love 51Talk! The best work-from-home job I have ever had!
Pros
Free Trainings, Job Flexibility
Salary / Benefits
Overall the company is great, I enjoy working in here, relaxing and can work at anytime, and also a lot of free training's that you can book and you can enjoy everytime.
Pros
flexible working schedule
Cons
low booking rate, lots of deductions, less benefits.
Salary / Benefits
I learned that we still need to learn more in order for us to be a dynamic teacher. I am thankful that 51talk has free trainings for teachers like me. The trainings helps me a lot to be a better teacher. I can confidently teach because Im in 51talk family. The management helps us alot from day 1. They are able to guide us and encourage us to do our best. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to experienced the fun in teaching kids. The hardest part of my job is to be able to work especially when there is a power interruption from our place. Despite of the pandemic Im still thankful that I have a job. 51talk helps me a lot and my family to survive this crisis we are facing. Looking for more trainings and become a junior teacher, someday. You also get to meet amazing people who are willing to help you in accomplishing your tasks. Salary is also competitive and is a great salary for fresh graduates. 51Talk is great for both experienced and non-experienced online teachers.
Pros
free trainings
Cons
long hours of training
Salary / Benefits
All stages during my application is fun and really helpful. All the coaches and trainers were fun and accommodating. They give us courage and showed how good it is to work in 51talk. They show us how we should be happy talking in front of the camera.
Pros
Flexible time to teach
Cons
Low bookings
Salary / Benefits
As an experienced Home-Based Online ESL Teacher. I can confidently say that 51talk has the best things an Online Teaching platform. . . . 51talk has competitive pay and incentives, great support system.
Pros
Free lunches
Salary / Benefits
I found it a very convenient job because it's accessible even you are in your home. It's easy to access, especially this is just my part-time job. After I got home, I just turn on my laptop and teach.
Pros
incentives
Cons
lots of penalty
Salary / Benefits
51Talk is very considerate with employees, since the start of ECQ we have been working from home and continuously providing quality work outputs. Management is also very approachable regardless of the concern at hand.
Salary / Benefits
This organization genuinely values its workers. They give proficiency and self-awareness. They do really trust in their statement of purpose, which is so significant.
Salary / Benefits
I always look forward to going to work every single day because of the awesome workplace and workmates. The most enjoyable part is when I get to attend free corporate training sessions from our Employee Relations Team.
Salary / Benefits
The best work place for me! I learned a lot from day to day basis. Stress is part of work but in 51Talk, everything is possible. You will learn how to be resourceful, proactive and always positive in all the aspects that you do. It was like going to school and everyone is very welcoming. If you have some trouble shooting, everyone is willing to help and very approachable.
Pros
It's like a school
Cons
Got nothing bad to say about the company
Salary / Benefits
Good for career advancement seeking individuals. Great culture and relaxed working atmosphere. Organization often restructures but this means faster promotion.
Pros
great community and schedule friendly.
Cons
Expansive roles that may go beyond your original job description.
Salary / Benefits
The work is challenging but rewarding. You also get to meet amazing people who are willing to help you in accomplishing your tasks. Salary is also competitive and is a great salary for fresh graduates.
Pros
Great salary, and work environment
Cons
Long working hours
Salary / Benefits
51Talk provides a very convenient way of earning. They offer teaching opportunities at the comfort of your home. This also allows teachers to spend more time with their families.
Pros
home-based
Cons
facilities need improvement