51Talk lessons are conducted one-on-one via a virtual classroom, so you need to meet the following requirements:
- Your own computer: a Windows or Mac laptop/desktop (Windows 7 or higher, Dual-core processor 1Ghz or above, Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 or AMD equivalent, 4 GB RAM and 60 GB HDD)
- A headset with a microphone and a noise-canceling feature
- A high-definition (HD) external or integrated webcam
- Network: a wired DSL Internet connection of at least 5 Mbps (USB sticks and signal-based & wireless connections are not allowed)
- A quiet, well-lit, and clutter-free space in your home
Thousands of Filipino online English teachers have already joined the biggest and best online English teaching platform which has proven to be one of the best decisions they have made. In light of the current situation, safely earning a living at home with the family is an opportunity that is too good to miss.
51Talk is looking for thousands of home-based online teachers to conduct live interactive English lessons. You can earn up to Php80, 000 as a high-performing full-time teacher and enjoy different perks –
- 10% Higher Earnings Than On Other Online ESL Platforms: Faster advancement coupled with awesome rewards
- A starting hourly rate of Php108, plus a chance to advance to as high as Php200 hourly
- Professional Training: Free TESOL certification via TEACH International
- A Flexible Schedule: More time with your family and for yourself
- A Reliable Support System: Support hotlines, community activities, and a Teacher Care Program
Since its inception in 2011, 51Talk has given thousands of Filipinos the opportunity to earn a living while working in the comfort of their own home. At present, the brand continues to provide not just earning opportunities to Filipinos, but opportunities for 51Talk teachers to grow professionally. As featured on a local Filipino news channel, 51Talk CEO, Jack Huang, shares how he believes Filipinos are the best online English teachers because of their high English proficiency, coupled with their innate friendliness and happy outlook. "Filipino teachers are very friendly and can speak very fluent English. They are well-liked by a lot of our students. They are very passionate about teaching and they are very patient."
With the steadily increasing demand for online English teachers, 51Talk is aiming to partner with 30,000 more Filipino teachers in the next year or two. The brand is calling on individuals who share 51Talk's passion for teaching English to young learners to join its league of the best online English teachers in the country.
51Talk, who has been championing the online home-based workforce which they dubbed as the Yellow Collar Community, has launched a weekly talk show full of entertainment, fun games and educational talks. It also features special guests every episode along with 51Talk teachers.
The sweaty palms. The thundering heartbeat. The spiking blood pressure. Whether you're doing it face to face or over the phone, job interviews can be quite scary. In this video, 51Talk teacher and 2018 Top Teacher Award recipient Ruff Miguel gives you some tips on how to ace your initial interview so you can start teaching and earning from home! #TeachAtHome #Proudly51Talk #51Talk
51Talk is a leading online education platform that allows young students from China to learn the English language through qualified home-based teachers from the Philippines. 51Talk has been listed in the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:COE) since 2016.
51Talk’s mission is to make quality English education available to millions of learners across China. 51Talk believes that global communication is the foundation of the future, and by bringing the English language to millions of people in China, Filipino teachers are planting the seeds for global progress.
51Talk as an education platform offers anyone with the qualifications and criteria for online English teaching the op-portunity to teach and earn from the comfort of one’s home. Through the 51Talk platform, a teacher and a learner can engage in a fun and meaningful learning environment. – less